Extra Credit: Assignment
Extra Credit: Web Game
DUE: Thursday, 5/4 @ 5pm (worth 5% bonus on your final grade)
You have the opportunity to create a web based game for up to 5% extra credit applied to your final grade. Here are some ideas for games that you could potentially make with the scope of technology we have covered this semester, but feel free to come up with your own idea and run it by me for approval.
- Word game: Students could create a word game that challenges players to unscramble words, fill in missing letters, or guess the correct word based on a definition or clue.
- Trivia game: Students could create a trivia game that quizzes players on a particular topic, such as history, sports, or pop culture.
- Hangman: Students could create a classic game of Hangman, where players must guess the correct letters to complete a word before the hangman is fully drawn.
- Fill-in-the-blank: Students could create a trivia game where players must fill in the missing word in a sentence or phrase.
- Wordle: Students could create a game where a random five letter word is selected from an array and the player has 6 chances to get as many letters correct as possible, with each guess being a valid word from the array.
Each web game will be required to include a number of different components to qualify for the full 5% extra credit:
- HTML structure to contain all of the required interface elements for your game.
- CSS and graphics to appropriately style and decorate your game interface elements.
- Your game must have a beginner state, potentially multiple rounds, and an ending state when the player wins or loses the game.