Week 8: Assignment #08
Group Website Topic Pitch
DUE: Tuesday, 3/7 @ 5pm
The final assignment for the class is a group website project that students will work on together in teams of 3-4 people. Each student must write an initial proposal for a potential website idea, as well as record a one-minute pitch video to be embedded in their pitch page. All students will be voting on their top 3 most desired website ideas to be a part of, and the most popular ones will go forward to the final presentations.
The site idea scope must include four elements (write a paragraph or so for each):
- Problem/Need: What is the problem or need the site is addressing?
- Solution: How will the website solve the problem, address the need, etc?
- Analysis: What is currently in that space? These could be existing solutions, potential competitors, etc.
- Impact and Vision: Skipping forward 5 years, what change or impact do you hope the site will have made? What is your vision for how it could make a difference?
Here are some things your site will not be able to do as it's outside the scope of the class:
Upload your completed assignment by the due date specified above and make sure that you add a working link to it on your class page, otherwise it will not be reviewed and you will not receive credit. If you expect to be late submitting an assignment, you need to email the instructor and grader prior to the deadline to notify them of the late submission, then later follow up once your assignment has been completed, uploaded, and linked from your class page. The latest a late assignment can be submitted is a week after its original due date.
- Save user data: We won't be able to allow users to post to your website, as we will not be doing any server side scripting or database work in this class.
- Multi-user interaction: Live data transmission is outside the scope of this course.
- E-commerce: You can set up an order form, but won't be able to process transactions.